Friday, March 30, 2012

Green Things

Spring is like breathing again after holding your breath for a really, really, really long time. At least that is how I always feel.

Today it is raining (yay! not snow!), but the other day I went outside and looked around and saw something incredible!  Green things and redish purple things were poking their heads out of the dirt, reaching for the sunshine and bringing a smile to my face!  I love, love, love to see the signs of Spring!



This moment is why I plant bulbs in the fall.  It's a good thing I learned the benefits of delayed gratification when I was younger, eh?  This year I was afraid that I may have waited too long, but thanks to the fool-proofish-ness of blubs...I have been vindicated!  

There were some other green things in my garden 


Why do weeds grow so quickly?  Oh well...they give me a good reason to get out and start working with the dirt. 

1 comment:

Richelle said...

Yay! I love the first signs of spring.